How to Delete or Deactivate Telegram Account? Many of you must be searching for this and have arrived at this post. Don’t worry, today all your problems regarding deleting or deactivating Telegram account will be solved.
Here in this post, I have shared the methods verified by many Telegram users for Deleting or Deactivating Telegram Account. So, read those methods will full attention as once your Telegram account is Permanently deleted, all your data will be lost.
Also Read :-
Delete or Deactivate Telegram Account
There may be any reason for wanting to delete telegram account. It may be that you have found some other application better than telegram or you may be having some problems with Telegram policies or the reason may vary from person to person. But the main question is How to Delete or Deactivate your Telegram Account. So, below you will find two methods for Deactivating and Deleting Telegram Account respectively.
How To Deactivate Telegram Account
Steps for temporary deactivating your Telegram Account are given below :-
- Open Telegram App on your smartphone.
- Login into your Telegram Account.
- Go to ‘Settings’ in the Telegram App.
- Click on ‘Privacy and Security‘.
- Scroll to bottom where you will find ‘Delete my account‘ option.
- Click on ‘If away for‘ and select the amount of time for which you want to Deactivate your Telegram Account. After this amount of time, your Telegram Account will self-destruct
So, there is actually no way to Deactivate your Telegram account temporarily. So, you can instead of deleting your account can keep your profile inactive.
How To Delete Telegram Account
If you don’t want to wait for a month to delete your Telegram Account, you can instantly delete your Telegram account too. You will have to use any web browser to delete your Telegram account permanently using this method. Just follow the steps given below :-
- Go to the Authorization page.
- Enter your phone number to which your Telegram Account is linked and click on Next.
- Click on the ‘Delete Account‘ link and write a reason for Deleting your Telegram Account.
- Click on ‘Delete My Account‘ button and then select ‘Yes, Delete My Account‘ option.
That’s all your Telegram Account and data will be deleted completely.
You should think wisely before deleting your Telegram account as after deletion you will not be able to retrieve your Messages and data. These methods listed above are for How To Delete Telegram Account only, and not for deleting Telegram messages or contacts.
Hope this article is helpful for you all who want to delete or deactivate Telegram account. If this is helpful, then do share this post with your friends who are having problem in deleting or deactivating Telegram Account.