Are you an Airtel sim card user and are having problem in activation of your new Airtel 4G sim card? Don’t worry, today I will be sharing with you the instructions shared by Airtel to activate new Airtel sim card.
Sometimes, you might get problems on your Airtel Sim on your 4G handset if your sim is 2G or 3G and not yet 4G enabled. So, to stay away from such problems, users should activate their airtel 4G sim after reading correct instructions on How To Activate Airtel SIM.
You may also like :-
How To Activate New Airtel Sim?
If you don’t know how to activate your new airtel 4G sim, follow the instructions given below :-
- First of all, SMS SIM <20-digit SIM card number of your new SIM> to 121
- Now, a confirmation SMS will come in your inbox. Confirm by replying with 1
- Listen to the confirmation call you receive immediately and give your consent by replying with 1
- That’s all. Your new Airtel 4G SIM will be activated within few hours of your confirmation.
How To Activate Airtel Ported SIM?
If you don’t know how to activate Airtel sim after porting, follow the instructions given below :-
- First of all, insert your new SIM card into your handset and switch it on.
- Now, Enter PIN (1234 by default) and press OK.
- Now, dial *123# to activate your sim card.
- Once the process is successfully completed, your connection will show ‘Airtel’ on your mobile screen.
That’s all. If you follow all the steps given above in order, you will be able to activate new Airtel sim or activate your Airtel sim after porting.
Also Read :-
Ans. It may take upto 2 hours for new Airtel sim to activate.
Ans. To check whether your Airtel new sim is active or not, you can try calling on your Airtel number using another number or you can call on Airtel Customer Care number 121.
Ans. No, it is not compulsory. Airtel 2G or 3G services are still working in many cities. But for better network coverage and services, you should upgrade to Airtel 4G.
Ans. Upgrading your Airtel Sim to 4G is completely free of cost.